The Madina books are a language teaching method taught at the Islamic University of Madinah, Saudi Arabia. To understand why Madinah books are the most popular method in learning Arabic, let’s find some important aspects. First of all, do you know where they were prepared and why?
The Islamic University of Medina – الجامعة الإسلامية بالمدينة المنورة
As the name suggests, the Madinah books is the Arabic language teaching series for non-Arabic speakers developed within the Institute for the Teaching of the Arabic Language at the Islamic University of Madinah.
The Islamic University of Madinah was established in 1961 after the issuance of a royal decree. It is primarily a university for teaching Islamic sciences such as Sharia, Quran, Foundations of Religion, and Hadith Sciences.
The Islamic University of Madinah is an institution of an international dimension whose objectives are as follows:
- Communicate the universal message of Islam to the whole world through university education and foreign preachers’ training to call for Islam.
- To instil and develop the Islamic spirit and to deepen religiosity.
- Prepare, translate, publish and encourage scientific research in the field of Islamic sciences.
- Educate Muslims around the world and train academics specializing in Islamic sciences
- Compile and preserve Islamic heritage, verify it and publish it
- Establish scientific and cultural links with universities, scientific organizations and institutions around the world
Therefore, the Islamic University of Madinah aims to be a leading global Islamic beacon in terms of knowledge and development.
One of the unique features of the Islamic University of Madinah is that it has a section for international students. Thus, the university offers a scholarship to international students covering university fees, accommodation and financial aid to cover daily living expenses.
If you are interested in enrolling at this university, it is no longer necessary to go there. Registration can be done directly and only online on the official website of the University of Madinah.
The Institute for the Teaching of Arabic to Non-Arabic Speakers
The Madinah books are, therefore, a series of books for teaching the Arabic language. The Institute provides it for the Teaching of Arabic to Non-Arabic Speakers at the University of Madinah.
The institute’s vision is to be a distinguished international benchmark in linguistic studies, Islamic culture, scientific research, preparation and training of learners and teachers in teaching Arabic to non-speakers. Arabic speakers. Its objectives are as follows:
- To be a pioneer in teaching Arabic to non-Arabic speakers to spread the Arabic language and Islamic culture to the world and provide students with the necessary skills to master the Arabic language.
- To be a centre of excellence in the preparation, translation and publication of scientific linguistic research.
- To conduct and encourage specialized scientific research and studies.
- Implement scientific and graduate programs and organize international and local conferences.
- Train Arabic language teachers for non-Arabic speakers and develop their scientific and practical experiences.
- Prepare and develop programs for teaching Arabic to non-Arabic speakers, learning and teaching methods, and conducting and encouraging research and specialized studies in this field.
- Provide linguistic preparation for the Institute’s students to join the colleges of the Islamic University of Madinah.
Thus, scholarship students admitted to the university obtain linguistic practice, allowing them to continue their studies in the Islamic University of Medina colleges in Arabic. Therefore, the institute provides students with language skills to speak Arabic and communicate with others.
Stay updated with our latest offers, and promotions
The al Madina Center for Arabic is the first language school specializing in teaching Arabic to non-Arabic speakers, based in Medina, Saudi Arabia.
The books of Madina’s series
As we have seen, the Madinah books were developed in an institute specializing in teaching Arabic to non-Arabic speaking scholarship students who are admitted to the University of Madinah. Indeed, the university courses being taught in Arabic, non-Arabic speakers benefit from an extended period of two years within the Arabic language teaching institute to learn and improve their language skills. Arab.
The Madinah books are developed on four levels. It covers all the language skills required to be bilingual in Arabic after completing their learning. Thus, it starts at a beginner level and ends at an advanced level, even bilingual.
The Madinah books series also aims beyond acquiring language skills such as grammar, conjugation, speaking, reading, Arabic vocabulary and syntax, and broader skills.
Thus, the Madinah books offer the opportunity to discover and appreciate Arab and Islamic culture. Indeed, it allows you to learn Tawheed, Islamic jurisprudence, the exegesis of the Quran, the hadith, the life of the Prophet P.S.L’s companions, the life of the Prophets, or even the history of the well-guided caliphs.
As you can understand, the Madinah books series will allow you to study it and acquire the fundamental knowledge in Arabic language and general but necessary knowledge of the Islamic religious lexical field.
Therefore, if you are interested in studying the Madinah books, the al Madina Center offers you to download the complete collection of Tomes of Medina for free here:
You can also buy the books in paper format, printed in quality through our partner:
We want to remind you that the al Madina Center is a private institute specializing in teaching Arabic to non-Arabic speakers. The centre is based in the holy city of Madinah in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. We offer an intensive three-month program to train you in the best conditions in the Arabic language.